HOME

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

EVP - OCTOBER 2009 SAN FRANCISCO COLUMBARIUM - Voice To Voice EVP #10

Once upon a time, San Francisco had cemeteries,  Yes, I know it is hard to believe, but back in the 1800's they were all over the city, why even the very ground that City Hall stands on, was the largest cemetery, even having been an Indian burial ground prior to that.  In 1929, city ordinance declared it illegal to be buried in San Francisco and all but the Presidio cemetery and the Columbarium remained.  Both still accept burials today, Presidio for military service and the Columbarium for folks who wish to house their cremated ashes. 


In all of the places around the city I have investigated or have done EVP work, the Columbarium has offered the most fascinating results.  I am not sure why that is, but the clearest, most profound EVPs I have ever recorded, have been there.  Hearing some of these really makes you wonder whom or what is around us and how things work.
I have gone back to the building (once the center of a massive 167 acre, Odd Fellow's cemetery) a number of times, never as a full-on investigation, but more of curiosity seeking EVP work.  The architecture is amazing and the Neptune Society have done an amazing job restoring the building, that is also a landmark. 
So here is a collection of EVP that I captured from my very first visit back in October 2009.  I think you will agree, there are interesting results.  Only I and another friend were in the building at the time, and I can verify what his voice sounded like.  So, take a listen and then ask yourself, who are those other people talking and where are they?
A. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave constructive thoughts and impressions.